is located in the Pando mountain a few kilometers far
from the Ramales de la Victoria village some meters
bellow Covalanas cave. Its paintings were located by Hermilio
Alcalde del Rio and Lorenzo Sierra in September of 1903,
during one of their investigation campaigns. In the
decade of the 80s, a team leaded by Dr.Manuel R.
González Morales, Dr. César González Sainz and Dr.
Alfonso Moure Romanillo members of the Area of Prehistory
of the Hitorical Science Department of the University of
Cantabria restarted the study of the cave.
The entrance to the cave is sheltered. It is a
small room no wider than four meters and six and a half
meters long. The cave configuration when the cave was
discovered was very different to the actual shape: it was
a strongly partioned small room because of the presence
of many columns. The works to lower the level of the
ground smoothed this partition, making the access to the
different panels easier.
In this ocasion and given the reduced
dimensions of the decorated room, we can only find ten
figures representing horses, goats and reindeers. There are scattered signs inside the cave,
also. The techniques applied in the execution of the
figures are linear trace, inkpad and even tints, all in
red colour. It can be believed that the cave was
decorated about 20.000 to 14.400 years ago.