discovered on March 11, 1907, by Hemilio Alcade del Rio
during explorations of this area. It is situated in
Molina de Ruiseņada district, close to Comillas.
The entrance is orientated to the South-West and
it is 10 meters wide by 5 high. The inside of the cave is
a big room, with the floor covered by stones and blocks.
Deep inside is were the only known painting in the Meaza
cave. It is a red
sign made starting of
several lines of dots that describe a whavy shape.
It is difficult to precise this
representation chronology because it does not appear
associated to other figures of known chronology. It is
not possible to apply direct dating techniques of the
pigment, because organic material has not been used.
However, the construction by dots can be identified with
the sign in Chufin
A caves, dated in the